AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Trimble FMX on RTK are people happy?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

hwdcne
Posted 4/23/2010 22:32 (#1171897)
Subject: Trimble FMX on RTK are people happy?

Soutwest Ks.

I have had a Trimble FMX unit that I am switching between two tractors that are equipped with auto steer.  Has worked very well with very few glitches, however I have a brother in law who purchased two new units at the same time, same dealer, different tractors that has had an absolute nightmare trying to get his units to work consistently.  The last few days the service tech has spent  1 or two hours every day trying to get things working right.  When he turns his monitor off for night it consistently loses all saved data including AB lines and I think even calibration settings.  He told me today it takes about 2 hours a day just to get it working right again.  Dealer has switched Nav controller, checked wiring, changed antennae etc., downloaded the newest software, (which made it worse) and can't seem to get anything figured out.  All he is doing with this monitor is using it for auto steer, no other functions.  What has been the story around the country, has the FMX been a disaster for some and good for others, or basically a reliable unit all around?  Also what does an individual do when your local supporting dealer apparently doesn't have a clue how to trouble shoot these units?  Calling Trimble is out of the question, do you call another dealer that also priced the system to you?  LOL What does a person do?  My b-i-l is getting very frustrated and tired of the go around, what would you'all suggest?  Would he be better off getting the dealer to provide a FMD instead of the FMX?  I feel somewhat guilty as we consulted together before we both made the purchases and I have done business with this dealer for years and felt they would be able to provide better service.  Upon my recommendation he purchased from this company rather than company B.  What now?  Thanks for your input!!

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)