AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Newbie Question On Sprayers
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

pbutler
Posted 2/18/2007 21:50 (#107229)
Subject: Newbie Question On Sprayers

Macon, IL
Been considering a sprayer for a long time now, going to pull the trigger this summer as I already commited to have it done. Sprayer I am getting is new pull type-60ft, 600gal, w/foam markers. Plenty big for my operation. I have 1 farm that is nice square 80's-piece of cake.

My question is mainly in regards to the other farm. It 100 acres of "patches" ranging from 3 acres to 35 acre-about 7 separate tracks. No trees or anything just lots of odd waterways and terraces.

The guys that spray it now say it is the worst one they do.

So I am thinking what would make it easier would be something like an IPAQ hooked up to GPS to show where I have been and what needs to be sprayed. This would be especially helpful for spraying up corn etc. where foam won't work and it would be really easy in places to get off by 3 or 4 rows.

The tractor I am putting it on does not currently have GPS or radar-but was planning on adding it. If I were to get something like that what would you recommend-and what would be approximate cost? I don't need autosteer or anything near that fancy like that-just something to visually show me where I need to cover.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)