AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Hagie 284 - will ATU 100 work ok
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Pat H
Posted 3/11/2010 10:19 (#1115130)
Subject: Hagie 284 - will ATU 100 work ok

I'm in the process of working out some sort of guidance for the 284. Right now the hagie has a raven 440 and I have a ez guide plus which would work, but I also have an insight that would be better (as applied maps, boom control if I get the direct command). I'm pretty sure the direct command wants better a better gps source than the ezg+, so I'd have to move the mojortk to the 284 as well. Next on the 'might as wells' is setting up some sort of steering control. I've had less than great results with the ezsteer (dirty hands too often) so something like the ATU would be my next choice. I'm pretty sure the mojo will talk to it with another $185 cable.

It looks like some of the older ATU's are getting cheaper - would they work pretty good in a Hagie? I've read some posts where some folks thought the hagie steering effort was a little too high for some steering assist systems.

I'm also considering buying some used 80' booms (it has 60's) and going to 5 boom sections. This would make the insight a requirement (along with 2 more valve shutoffs and possibly another raven harness - old harnesses only had 3 boom sw wires). Ideally I'd like to go with the insight, direct command, mojo, ATU and call it done. However, if the ATU is not going to perform well in the hagie it would be cheaper just to use the EZG+ and let that be the insight gps source.

Thanks,

Pat
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)