AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Anyone using a Raven 750 with Insight Multiproduct?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 2/3/2007 11:24 (#98616)
Subject: Anyone using a Raven 750 with Insight Multiproduct?

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I have been asked by a customer to bench test the following situation: Use the customers Raven 750 controller with an Insight system with the serial app rate module.

I bench tested this setup with an Insight that did not have the multi-product unlock. This meant that I could only create configurations that would send new rates to only one of the five potential products with each configuration.

I created 5 separate configurations - each sending the rate to Product 1, Product 2 etc. This worked as expected. Each time I would change the rate on the Insight, the Raven console would beep 4 times as the new rate appeared in the respective Product Rate window. Switching to a different configuration would cause the rate to be sent to the proper product. Since this worked with a manual change of rates, I assume that an Rx map should work also.

Next I got braver and used an Insight with multi-product unlocked. Again I created the individual single product configurations and again they worked as expected. Things were looking good.

Finally I got to the multi-product scenario which was the customers request. I created a mult-product configuration that hopefully would send a rate change to Product one when that product was displayed on the Insight and a rate change to Product two when that product was displayed on the Insight. The results were not what I had hoped for. When I changed the rate of Product 1, the Raven beeped 4 times and the new rate appeared in the proper rate window (proper operation). However when I switched to the other product and changed the rate for product 2, the new rate did not get to the Raven. No beep - no rate change.

I then created another multi-product configuration. This time the first entry was for Product 5 and the second entry was for Product 3. Testing this configuration resulted in a rate change for Product 5 but not for Product 3.

It appears that the last two tests are consistent in that the"first" product seems to "get across" but that the second is disregarded.

Any ideas?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)