AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Big Boys and Deere 9000 series tractors.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Rich
Posted 12/21/2009 06:53 (#977534)
Subject: Big Boys and Deere 9000 series tractors.

Kansas
One question for this morning before I sign off.

Drove the 9200 tonite. Wow. Nice tractor. I like it. All except for one thing. Any other big guys on here find that the arm rests could stand to be spaced a lil wider apart and give a fella a lil more room to park his butt? Eh heck, I don't know, maybe I'm just to big boned. (LOL). I know far and wide (No pun intended) most of you fellars are a skinnier frame.

I was thinking for not being in the seat anymore than a half hour tonite and it was irritating me, I can't imagine a 12 hour day in that thing.

Wasn't to impressed with how the door release works on the inside of the cab. Had to turn the dome light on to see it.

Wasn't to impressed either that the dials in line with the tractor lights dial didn't have some sort of lighting behind them or on the knobs lit up to tell where you were or what position the knob was in.

Why won't the digi display in the cab corner keep in sync with the digi display on the side dash for speed? I was in A 2 I believe............don't hold me to that, the red light shining down wasn't enough to see what range and gear i was in for certain................. and the cab corner readout would say 1.9 mph and the side dash would read 2.0. Then they'd get in sync, then one would be 1.9 again while the other was 2.0. Was going up a slight incline. tracking through a lil snow with 47,000 lbs on the grain cart. Locked the differential when I came to a small snow bank and still felt the tractor slip a bit.

The high low lever reminds me of a new and improved smaller lever electronic controlled IHC torque amplifer.

The outside dome light to see where you were stepping off out of the cab was real nice. I liked that feature.

Wished the seat would pivot to the right just a little more. For a fella with a stiff neck it still isn't pivoted quite enough to see back comfortably.

Lighting was awesome. could see everywhere real well.

First time I ever got to play with one of these newer deeres with the two finger throttle. Actually pretty slick.

Have to say that did take a lil getting used to looking straight forward and not seeing a single gauge or even a dash. Was really nice.

That engine runs so smooth. Very responsive.

I did think that the tilt function for the steering wheel needs to be able to go up one more notch. That took a minute or two to figure out because when I hit the lever down by the floor the whole thing would go up but not lock in any position between clear up and clear down. Aha, discovered the other lil lever under the column. Yea, one more notch up would of been nice for a fella with a belly.

Mainly though, Arm rests need set just a lil wider apart. Do they make a big boy seat for those tractors like you can get in trucks?

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)