AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

cmc grain bin problems
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

southforkjr
Posted 11/12/2009 19:36 (#922131)
Subject: cmc grain bin problems

bought 2 cmc bins this year to put rice in. Bought these bins to dry the rice down in 20 days and fill up again. The bins did dry the rice down in less than 20 days as they said they would so there is no complaint there. the problem i have is getting the rice out of the bin. THe augers are not built for rice first bin auger flighting collapsed and the sweep auger did the same. called cmc and told them how I felt so I had about 10,000 bu of dry rice in the bin that couldn't get out . I had to start back cutting rice filled it up til they could come to fix it. Started on the 2nd bin went fine till sweep auger and after 2 trucks it was wore down to paper thin. The cmc man showed up and tried to fix the sweep auger because it kept jumping off the center spline then the auger broke in half. Now I have 200 acres of rice in the field waiting and have enough room to put about 10,000 bu on top of the rice thats already dry . I bought these bins to dry ship out and fill up again and now I have no clue of where to send the rice thats going to be left in the field after I fill the bin up . I am not real happy with how this has gone when the cmc guy that was fixing it today said the augers in there are not the one's that should be used for rice. I bought these for rice only .
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)