AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

JD 444E loader-
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

ronm
Posted 11/6/2009 15:28 (#915477)
Subject: JD 444E loader-

Fruita CO
Damn, I hate articulated loaders...but one of the burdens I must carry in this life is working on ones that have been worn out several times by construction outfits & then bought by farmers....current example, a 444E,w/about 12K hr., makes a hellish popping sound w/2 4X4 bales on the forks, only when turning, not going straight. You can actually see the front wheels jerk every time it pops...Has to be spiders in the front diff, right? dropped the plate, nothing...no metal, spiders are pristine. Ring & pinion pristine. Tiny bit of end play in pinion, bearings look good. Jacked up all 4 wheels, no slack in the axle bearings. Worst thing I can find is a slightly bad u-joint in the REAR driveline, plus the yoke on the back of trans. is kinda loose-not that bad. How could that make the FRONT end pop? Also, bottom pin in the hinge is sloppy as hell, but this does not sound like pin slack. why would it only pop when turning? gotta go back & put oil back in the front end & run the POS around some more, update pending. any ideas?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)