AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Cleaning dirt out of Soybeans.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

koskid
Posted 10/22/2009 09:22 (#894413)
Subject: Cleaning dirt out of Soybeans.

Marengo, Iowa
We have 3 fields where the creek came out in August and depoisited a lot of silt on the beans. You would have thought that with all the rain, it would have washed the silt off, but that didn't happen . Monday, we combined one field, and when we got to where the creek had been out, we binned them separte. I know we are going to have to clean them up to get a elevater too take them. Does anyone have a easy solution on how to do this? We will be using a vac to empty them out , but I don't think it will help that much. The moisture on the monitor was running 13-14% and I'm guessing that it's 1/3 dirt in the beans. The dust was so bad that you couldn't see the divder on the bean head. I wish we would have had a camera to take a picture, cart operator said you couldn't even see the machine for the cloud of dust. We used the easysteer to guide us thru the feild, since you couldn't see where you were going. I'm thinking I'm going to have to look for a neighbor who has one of those old rortary grain cleaner sitting in the corner of his shed that he used 20 years ago, and resurrect it. Any other suggestions would be appreciated. TIA, Larrry
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)