AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Rejected Rye sample
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

gettin by
Posted 9/3/2009 07:32 (#833823)
Subject: Rejected Rye sample

Local elevator stated a few days ago they would not take any more rye delieverd unless it had passed a sample test FIRST. Only had one truck left to deliever so I parked it in the shed, grabbed a small pail of rye off of the top layer of the truck bed and dropped it off at the elevator. Sample looked good to me but i got word last afternoon that the sample is rejected. Where the rye is being sold the buyer stated that they are seeing more and more rye starting to sprout and that is not good for their milling process. They have a test I am not familure with called the drop test. ???
L cal elevator stated that they have bought rye that they do not have a market for now if it does not pass the new test. They stated to try and find a operation that would purchase it for feed or save it and plant it. Besides out some money I would like to empty the grain truck , probably empty it in a small bin that sitting on the farm ,just tired of messin with this small amount .
Anyone else hear of this test , has it been around for a while ???? We had beutiful shower in the mid july and August (corn and beans look better than I ever remember ) and that took it toll on the small grains.
Thanks for your inputs.
Gettin BY
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)