AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

15" Soybeans with Tramlines for Sprayer Tracks
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

FourthGenFarmer
Posted 4/8/2024 09:08 (#10698935)
Subject: 15" Soybeans with Tramlines for Sprayer Tracks

We have been planting 15" soybeans for a while and wondering if anyone has had any luck shutting off row units where the sprayer tracks would run. Have a 12 row 30" Case 1240 Planter with drop down row units for 23 row 15" spacing for soybeans. Sprayer is 90' wide, so every third pass of planter would be sprayer pass. Tried spraying at an angle last year, but it was a little rough at times, and have a pull-type sprayer which made turning around challenging on the edge of the field. Also, planted some at an angle and did not care for that either. Planter has Precision Planting V drives, so shutting off row units should not be too tough just have to remember what pass you are on to know if you should shut off or not. Also thinking of raising the population next to the shut-off rows as it would mimic a 22" row in my mind if you take the average of 15" spacing and 30" spacing. Row closure would be slower over wheel tracks so weed pressure may be a problem. I think it is worth the experiment on part of a field, but wondering if anyone has any experience trying this. The main problem might be trying to figure out what pass you are on and when to turn row units off as I have not figured out any automation on that. I was surprised how many beans were still growing in the wheel tracks last year when we had to spray insecticide for aphids in late July. If not planning on making a fungicide/insecticide pass this may not be worth the headache. Appreciate any feedback, thanks.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)