AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Blizzard
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

HuskerJ
Posted 3/26/2024 09:17 (#10680902)
Subject: Blizzard

East of Broken Bow
We finally got some moisture I guess. It started as enough rain to get everything muddy, then a big North wind blew in (40+ gusts) along with snow (we were in the 4-8" of predicted snow but honestly its everywhere from a couple inches deep to deep enough to bury a tractor in). Wind chills were well below zero, and actual temperature this morning was around 8*, with 40 MPH wind gusts.
So far, lost 2 calves that I know of, one I **maybe** could have saved had I gotten to it quick enough, but who knows. Used up a lot of extra hay I don't have trying to bed them down enough to keep the calves on the ground from freezing. Finally, the sun is out, but the wind is still relentless, but supposed to die down in the afternoon. Started raining Sunday early afternoon, by mid afternoon wind kicked up and yesterday morning had several inches of snow on the ground.
For me, personally, this looks to be worse than the bomb cyclone from 5 years ago. That came early enough I only had a couple calves on the ground.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)