AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

John Deere 8640 Problems
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

TheJDFarmer
Posted 6/4/2023 00:24 (#10256085)
Subject: John Deere 8640 Problems

Southern Middle TN
I’ve got a JD 8640 that I think has some pretty major issues. Kinda lost on what to do so I figured I would post something on here and see if anyone might have any suggestions. So, we were using my 8640 to try and pull out our sprayer that we had gotten stuck. My dad was driving the tractor and said as soon as the tractor started to pull something popped. When I got next to it I noticed it was “rumbling” while sitting in park. When I would press the clutch in it would go away, but when I let off it would come right back. I also couldn’t get the 3 point hitch to lift while it was in park, but it would lift when I pressed the clutch in. It would also lift in neutral. I put the tractor in A3 and tried to pull it forward, and when I did it started making a pretty bad noise coming from the transmission; like a grinding noise. I then tried to back it up and it wouldn’t. It would try to, then make the grinding noise. The “Clutch Lube” light would come on as well, but it has been doing that for a while now.

Any thoughts/ideas are greatly appreciated. Just trying to figure out if it’s worth it to fix this machine or not….
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)