AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

JD rate controller not maintaining rate when sections shut off
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Charlie SEMN
Posted 5/1/2023 19:34 (#10211883)
Subject: JD rate controller not maintaining rate when sections shut off

Just installed a new John Deere rate controller on my top air sprayer with raven valve (standard - cal = 2123) and flowmeter (60P - cal = 700 gal). Couple of issues when I go out to the field. I have 4 20' sections on the sprayer and have flow back valves with a return line to the tank for each section.

The application rate is slower to respond than it was when I was using a Raven 450 to control the sprayer.

Most significant issue is when a section turns off, the displayed application rate doesn't hold. The application rate on the screen decreases and it seems to start trying to over apply on the remaining sections. Example, when I'm applying 9 gal/ac and one of the 4 sections shuts down, the application rate reads 7.6 gal/ac and the boom pressure starts to increase. My flow rate decreases, but not in the ratio of a 25% decrease in flow rate. I believe I set up correctly based on the manual. It seems like it is trying to get back to 9 gal/ac but doesn't realize the width has decreased to 60'.

Any advice?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)