AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

switching from front-boom sprayer to rear-boom sprayer
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

briggsfm
Posted 7/15/2009 07:54 (#776456)
Subject: switching from front-boom sprayer to rear-boom sprayer

Scottville, 49454 Northwest Michigan
We've been using a Hagie sprayer (284) for about ten years. We've been very pleased with it. We're thinking of upgrading our sprayer. For a variety of reasons we'd like to go to a 120' boom. I'd be happy to continue to use a Hagie, but we're willing to consider something else too. In my area, we really limit our options if we insist on Hagie. We're looking for something used in the 1500 to 2000 hour range.

I'm so use to the front boom of our Hagie, I'm not sure how I would handle a rear mounted boom. It's just so nice to see everything going on. I can see the end of the boom, to make sure I don't hit anything. I can more easily maintain the desired boom height. And I can more easily detect a plugged nozzle. I think it's also easier to spray the corners of fields with a front boom. At least those are my assumptions when comparing a front boom versus a rear boom. Am I wrong? If you guys who run rear mounted booms wouldn't mind, maybe you can explain how you handle the above mentioned issues.

I'd also be interested in hearing from anyone who switched from a front mounted boom to a rear mounted boom. What was the switch like for you, and how long did it take to get use to it?

as always guys, thanks for your time, gordon
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)