AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

DMC airlock quits turning
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Crossflow
Posted 12/5/2022 18:30 (#9967213)
Subject: DMC airlock quits turning

SE MN
What does the bolt/nut shown in the picture below do on a ~2015, 5" DMC air-lock? I could not find any information in the owners manual. I've been having trouble with the airlock stopping in the middle of the night for quite a few years (3-4 times a year). Sometimes the airlock will start right back up, other times needs a pipe wrench on it. Now and then when it quits, I vacuum all the corn out, but never find anything that would have stopped the airlock from turning. Once the airlock is freed up and I watch the vanes turn, everything seems to look/sound good. The drive chain alignment looks good. The dryer is being run in manual and never seems to overload the blower. When I watch the dryer discharge into the airlock, the airlock appears to have plenty of capacity to handle the corn coming out of the dryer (720 MC). The airlock is turning at about 32 RPM, both loaded and empty.

When we first got this system tree limbs slightly smaller than my pinky finger would stop the airlock, but once I adjusted the nut shown in the picture (not really knowing what I was doing since the manual does not say what they do), the airlock quit struggling with tree-limbs. That could have just been a coincidence too.

Edited by Crossflow 12/5/2022 18:57

(airlock 1 (full).jpg)

(airlock 2 (full).jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments airlock 1 (full).jpg (217KB - 80 downloads)
Attachments airlock 2 (full).jpg (248KB - 81 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)