AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

A story about the actor Ben Johnson
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

TractorAddict
Posted 11/23/2022 14:39 (#9946355)
Subject: A story about the actor Ben Johnson

West of Broken Bow
A friend of mine used to travel the rodeo circuits quite often. He still competes but in the retired man’s group. I forgot the correct terminology. The original horse trailer he used, back when Ben was alive, doesn’t see much use anymore if any. The sponsors’ names are plastered all over the exterior along with any titles won.

We got to talking about Ben Johnson and I asked if he ever met Ben. He said , “yes, I got paid to tag along at times and travel with him to several rodeo events”. He mentioned how Ben would spend a good part of his time giving autographs and just talking with people after the rodeos. He and his people would be on a schedule and would need to arrive at other scheduled events on time. There was lots of travel time involved.

The man I know and others traveling with Ben would get frustrated with him. They would let Ben know they were fed up with him making them late and that it was wrong to do this while on a tight schedule. Ben told them that it’s because of his fans that he was where he was at. And how it’s important to spend time with your fans and to give back to them. It doesn’t sound like the men appreciated his answer and reasons for talking so much with other people. Would liked to have met him.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)