AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How do you hanlde wet spots for fertilizing?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

kfrem
Posted 5/15/2022 07:53 (#9661026)
Subject: How do you hanlde wet spots for fertilizing?

I have had the local Coop variable rate my fertilizer for the last number of years. I know I had an issue a few years ago when I had a 7 acre low ground on one field that was way to wet to get anything planted. My Coop said they couldn't take that out of the field map and had to run their floater thru it and apply fert.. Back then fert. was much cheaper and I had to accept it.
Now with the high price of fert. and being extremely wet , there will be pockets all over that will not get planted with the rest of my fields. Some might not get planted at all. So how do you easily not have the floater spread these spots when they are in the spread maps of the field. I don't care if they put the P & K down but $100 plus of N in a wet spot that might not get planted and leach out isn't good. My applicator has to make 2 passes with the floater to get N-P-K and S down.
The troubles with Precision ag??
The thing is all the drain tile I have put in over the years and now the water is running out of the hillsides hundreds of feet from the low ground

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)