AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

trimble true tracker
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

mkurkowski
Posted 4/30/2022 14:07 (#9639133)
Subject: trimble true tracker

Ogallala,NE
We are using trimble true tracker with steerable hitches on our striptill machine and planter. We have been using implement guidance for 15 years, but have moved from orthman trackers to steerable hitches in the last few years.

These system just seem glitchy to me, so I'm looking for some ideas.

I always run with the implement offline distance on the screen as one of the status items. I feel like this reading is quite optimistic. It seems that it will show the implement is where it's supposed to be when it actually isn't.

Second, when in sidehills, the hitch will not use all of its range. It's obvious the planter is drifting down hill, but the hitch will not move all the way to the uphill side unless I manually nudge it more that way. I believe this may be related to the last issue of it being a bit optimistic how far off it actually is.

Third, I seen an old post on here where somebody in iowa actually wrote his own vdb file to improve performance. How would one go about doing that?

Does anyone have a contact that actually knows trimble implement steering well? Not much support around here.

All ideas welcome.

Edit: One more thing. Looks like ag leader is now cooperating with a third party (homburg smartsteer) to do some implement steering. Does anyone have any experience with this yet?

Edited by mkurkowski 4/30/2022 14:28
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)