AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Soybean Problem???
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Tnfarmer
Posted 6/2/2009 19:46 (#730579)
Subject: Soybean Problem???

tennessee
I planted a 25 acre field of beans at half rate planning on splitting the rows with the other half. This was Sunday afternoon. Ran out of time Sunday to finish the splitting. I went to finish it today and it started raining as soon as I got to the field with more rain forecast tomorrow and Thursday. I know I don't have enough beans out there (80,000) so I'm wondering if I can't get back for a week will the later beans ever catch up to the first ones? This has been a really frustrating year to get a crop in around here, I work off farm and everytime I get a chance to work on the farm it rains. I really hope it don't quit later on in the year cause most everything is later planted than it should be.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Ed Winkle
Posted 6/2/2009 20:16 (#730623 - in reply to #730579)
Subject: Re: Soybean Problem???

Martinsville, Ohio
No, they won't be the same size all summer but there is worse things that could happen. You have to control the weeds, no easy task this year!

They will always be as many days behind as you plant them unless you come back with a shorter maturity. I would plant the other half and let nature take its course.

Good luck,

Ed
Jon S
Posted 6/2/2009 20:28 (#730636 - in reply to #730579)
Subject: RE: Soybean Problem???

Plant the splits in the afternoon and you will be much better off. If it were mine I'd go back in there. Everytime I've had to replant spots of fields I've never noticed a difference at harvest. I always try to do it later in the day so the beans will snap back. First thing in the AM will kill the beans you run over. Same goes for spraying.

Clay-All-Over
Posted 6/2/2009 22:39 (#730890 - in reply to #730579)
Subject: RE: Soybean Problem???

Eastern Ontario
One thing to remember is that the first planted beans will be very brittle after germinating. You can easily snap the sprout and kill them. Either you go back in before they are too far along or you wait until they are up and past the unifoliate stage.  Bummer.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)