AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Alternative cancer treatments
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

timis
Posted 11/10/2021 08:21 (#9313070)
Subject: Alternative cancer treatments

Iowa
Have a family member that has stage 3 colon cancer - 50 in good health. He had been doing the traditional treatments for 2 weeks - felt like crap - as expected. Now decided to go an alternative route in Mexico - ending normal treatments. My father in law did this a few years ago — here’s my issue. Father in law never got confirmed diagnosis- he simply had a letter stating he “may have”- then freaked out and went this way. Mother in law had confirmed breast cancer, and did traditional surgery and radiation while taking the Mexico tonic as well (under pressure from husband). So now the other family member who has a family to care for has chosen that route — my concerns are: there have been side effects- both in laws basically had their thyroid shut down, a lot of the stuff doesn’t make sense “no acid in diet”- so no tomatoes or vinegar, but hot peppers and coffee which are also acidic are ok. Basically they come out and say “traditional American food is bad, Mexican food is good”. When the in-laws did their stuff the research I could find by USA and Canadian regulatory boards said they had no cases where there was a confirmed medical diagnosis, where there was a cure, unless traditional treatments were used at the same time. So I’m not saying it’s garbage, but I have my doubts.

Obviously wife (his and mine) are really down about the situation and feel he’s wasting time. Any thoughts- I know in laws have really pressured him to go this route as well as all organic - which again is their choice, but for people raising a family a lot of that stuff is cost prohibitive. Same deal with his treatments- it’s all out of pocket in Mexico (it’s not like this family has 20k in cash laying around)- vs traditional route where he’s already maxed out his yearly expenses so really the next 2 months is “free” treatment. Obviously he has a right to make his own decisions- how do we as a family react, when his own parents aren’t telling the whole story? I’m glad I’m not “blood” cause father in law is really brash and has gotten on his high horse at funerals from people who have died of cancer recently- just want him to make a good decision for his wife and kids.

Anybody here have experience with this type of treatments that was positive and worked?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)