AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ronm, you asked about BLM
[Frozen]

View previous thread :: View next thread
Frozen    Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Russ In Idaho
Posted 10/9/2021 05:57 (#9259884)
Subject: Ronm, you asked about BLM

“These are the times that try men's souls.”
Yes Ron I try to follow everything the Bureau of Land Management does and the current political mess the country is in. It's a sad state of affairs presidents use people as pawns in the political games they play. If a state doesn't vote the way a candidate wants they take retribution on them when they get sworn in office.

President Obama did a couple of things to the state of Utah because they didn't vote for him. He did pull ATK Space Systems, Inc. contracts from NASA and moved them to a southern states that voted for him. He then used his powers with the Antiquities Act to create the https://cronkitenews.azpbs.org/2021/10/08/biden-reverses-trump-cuts-... Obama really just gave the finger to Utah. Well Trump did use his powers to change it back. He also did a smart thing in moving the upper administration of the BLM from Washington D.C. to Grand Junction, CO. That is a move I felt needed doing. You can't manage these western government lands from Washington. When 67% of Utah lands are federal those land mangers need to live close, they need to realize the pain they create when they arbitrary and capriciously abuse their powers. https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/us-bureau-of-land-management-is-re...

So what did President Biden do? He went and first day in office started with just a stroke of a pen started a finger in the air to everything Trump did. However every single thing these Democratic presidents have done effects real lives and livelihoods. They have treated us like pawns in their shell games. None of this was done for the good of the people.

This Bears Ears deal should really be a slap in the face for the BLM as well. Think about it, those lands were already being protected by the BLM and current policy. They didn't need to expand the area. A lot of people think we don't need BLM and FS protection of these lands, yes these lands should have been patented. However at the time they were lands nobody wanted, today if we let those lands go the highest bidder would have them. Bill Gates or China would be the proud new owners of them.

President Biden's new pic for Secretary of Interior Deb Haaland is also a slap in the face of all westerners as well. Then to make matters worse he put Tracy Stone-Manning in as head of the BLM. She is a eco-terrorist with quite a history behind her. https://www.nevadacurrent.com/2021/10/01/senate-confirms-stone-manni...

Hope dko_scOH you leave this post up, I'm not trying to be political but just trying to state the facts as how presidents have used people and lands in their little pawn games. How it destroys lives, family farms and ranches. As I stated before these lands are for multi use, they can and should be used for recreation, grazing, timber, and oil and gas production. It all can coexist and flourish with the proper management.

I grew up in the BLM culture, my father worked his way up in the BLM in his career. He loved the land, he would be the first guy to slap the hands of a bogus rancher or sheepmen. He pushed for recreation and multi use. I feel quite honored to have been able to travel all those miles with him growing up in the west. From California to Oregon, Nevada and Utah I got to see this land first hand to enjoy all the great work that was done. Now today I see a lot of it ripped up and thrown away because of knee jerk reactions of presidents. I was able to visit movie sets of Clint Eastwood in the desert while filming, to be on wild horse round ups in Oregon, timber cutting and rehab of the timber tracts. Countless dirt bike races I had to endure, because it's the land of multi use and it needs to stay that way. I also have been involved in oil and gas exploration in federal and our own private lands. It can work and coexist with mining as well.

People might think I'm full of crap, but we need our west and what it provides to this country. Just the few things I've mentioned here in this thread. Without space exploration we wouldn't have our cell phones, GPS technology used in farming, medical advances. Mining has allowed precious metals for technology. We can provide timber for homes, cattle and sheep, goats for food and fiber. Plus our farmers on the west coast area can provide for us as well as provide water for the fish. Let these people that have lived on these lands for over 100 years have a say in it. There is no reason to have these catastrophic fires, no reason at all. Those lands could have been managed, during my father's term in Calf. it was done. He was sick to his stomach to see what had been done right before he passed away.

Edited by Russ In Idaho 10/9/2021 06:02
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Frozen
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)