AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Photo of friend during the Korean War
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Pigpiggy
Posted 10/4/2021 21:45 (#9253248)
Subject: Photo of friend during the Korean War

Texas
Can someone identify the vehicle he’s sitting on? Would it be safe to assume it’s a type of tank? Are those antiaircraft guns?

I honestly don’t know where this photo was taken exactly. Richard was a heck of a good machinist though he would never be one to brag about himself. Just a kind hearted guy who loved family, friends, and God. He had originally trained to be a bomber pilot. What he told me was that his first choice was ultimately to be a fighter pilot but his eyesight wasn’t perfect enough for that. Boy if only he was around to share a couple of his stories about flight.

Not only was he great at making jet, propeller plane, and helicopter parts, he made some fine jewelry. Intricate stuff is what he thrived on. The guy actually built someone an airworthy helicopter from plans. That’s how talented Richard was. He was more like a grandfather to me in some ways. Sure miss his stories and of course his love of machine tools and airplanes.

Edited by Pigpiggy 10/4/2021 21:52

(02E0B5EA-E34F-4022-B348-618F2F942913 (full).png)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 02E0B5EA-E34F-4022-B348-618F2F942913 (full).png (81KB - 205 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)