AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Wheat close to harvest NC Oklahoma, pics included
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Cowboycorn
Posted 5/16/2009 13:12 (#715420)
Subject: Wheat close to harvest NC Oklahoma, pics included

north central Oklahoma
Well, it's close to the right color anyway. Much of the earlier planted wheat that got hurt the worst in the freeze tillered back out and was actually looking like it had a pretty decent chance of making something, nothing banner but better than a poke in the eye. Cool weather that followed helped it recoup, but it's going down for the last count now due to all the rain that followed. The flat ground is looking the worst. Later, mid November planted wheat will be all that will be harvested around here, and a thin crop at that. Took these pics this week while out there trying to spray some corn. There is more mud now on my sprayer tractor than left in the field I think. Another 1/4" last night, but looked much worse.

Edit to add. Kinda hard to see in second pic, but dust is blowing in background. Nice irony there, drowned crop in front, and dust blowing in back. Last pic is just an earlier stage of drowned wheat, not quite completely white yet, but give it a few more days. I am hesitant to go back next week, don't think I will recognize the area.

Edited by Cowboycorn 5/16/2009 21:52

(Drownwheat1-09.jpg)

(Drownwheat2 -09.jpg)

(Drownwheat3-09 .jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Drownwheat1-09.jpg (68KB - 87 downloads)
Attachments Drownwheat2 -09.jpg (89KB - 82 downloads)
Attachments Drownwheat3-09 .jpg (63KB - 95 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)