AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Moving silage from a pile to an Ag bag????
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

A&M
Posted 6/8/2021 14:52 (#9048347)
Subject: Moving silage from a pile to an Ag bag????

Well looks like we’re not gonna have grass again this year. So we’re going to have to feed threw the summer yet again. We are talking with a neighbor about his silage pile. We’re thinking about buying half of his pile to get us threw till our silage season. We would be hauling it from his place and putting it up with our agbagger on our farm. Iv never moved already fermented silage before or rebagged off a pile before.

How does this work? Is there anything I can do to help prevent mold while we’re doing this? And how does it keep after it’s been moved?? I’m assuming the day it’s moved I need to feed off the face or do I need to close the bag and let it set for a bit??

So our neighbor does not cover his pile. He uses some type of molasses syrup. And it rots the top 1 foot of the pile, and the inside of the pile is beautiful feed. He said he would make sure not to give us the rotten stuff. Scoup it off some how

It’s 95, windy and not a cloud in the sky for as far as the forecast can see. So might have to move it at night
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)