AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Seventies Utility Tractors Wheelbase Length
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

TWB
Posted 2/19/2021 09:57 (#8844297)
Subject: Seventies Utility Tractors Wheelbase Length

With all this cold weather and ice and snow, I been bored. After checking and feeding cows and calves there not much to do except ride the Utv in the snow, and when I got tired of that back to house. I got to watching some YouTube videos of different tractors videos. One I watch was a video of Allis Chalmers 100 Series tractors plowing. Tractors were from the 160 through the 190 models. One of the interesting thing I noticed was on the One Seventies and 175 model tractors was the wheelbase length. I never noticed before on those models the longer wheelbase length on that horsepower size as to other brands same size tractors wheelbase lengths from the time period ( same years as they were ). I got a MF 275 from same era ( 1977 year model ) and I knew it wheelbase was short, but after researching on Tractordata the different wheelbase length of various manufacturers models of the same horsepower size my MF 275 (with a 82 inch wheelbase) was 12 or 13 inches shorter than the same size Allis Chalmers tractors. Comparable size Ford, International, and John Deere tractors of same horsepower size they were all about the same from 84 to 87 inches wheelbase length.
I wonder how much of an advantage does the longer wheelbase gives a tractor doing draft type work such as plowing or disking if the same horsepower size tractors were all weighed the same. I feel like a AC 175 tractor would out pull my MF 275 tractor using the same size plow with the longer wheelbase giving it an advantage ( both tractors having fluid in rear tires and same number of front weights and pounds ).
I welcome comments and personal experience on this. I bored and want read about something that does matter at the end of the day, want it would be fun to hear people comments.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)