AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Yanmar MFD issue (pic)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Rockman
Posted 1/20/2021 20:29 (#8767972)
Subject: Yanmar MFD issue (pic)

I'm posting this for a friend. Any opinions would be appreciated.

Trying to take apart the front axle on a Yanmar 1401D to check the bearings around the kingpin because of difficulty steering with load on the front end. The pitman arms are not coming off with the puller. Been using penetrating oil for a month, but so far luck. I've used some heat (propane torch) but probably needs to be hotter. Attached is a picture where I'm currently at and pages from various references showing parts disassembly/ assembly (155D/135D axle is the same as 1401D from what I can tell). I'm I missing something?

Looking ahead, the upper bearing (6205U - no. 20 on page 5) should not be a standard deep groove ball bearing. From my analysis, there's about 1000lbs of thrust and 1500lbs of radial load (maximum static) and deep groove ball bearing are not rated for thrust loads. So that bearing may be binding under load making it hard to steer. A 7205 angular contact bearing I think would be more suitable (can't find a Timken roller bearing that's the same size). Let me know what you think.

(gkrbcu21 (full).png)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments gkrbcu21 (full).png (195KB - 11 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)