AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How to teach a stupid dog?? HELP Please!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Rich
Posted 4/23/2009 12:40 (#690695)
Subject: How to teach a stupid dog?? HELP Please!

Kansas
Labs have to be the absolute stupidest dogs ever bred. I've had 3 now. Swore I'd never get another but something about cute 9 year old daughters saying "daddy please" that I give in each and every time. I know, I'm a sucker.

So.......he stays at the farm because it's a pain the hiney for her mother. Ok, no big deal.

This dingaling idiot. I cannot get him to stay at the farm when I leave with the pickup. Went across the road this mornign with the 4 wheeler to grain the bulls. No problem. Last nite moving bales around with the tractor he was like a day shadow. Always with me. Half the time I was worried he'd get run over but figured he'd learn one way or another so didn't pay much attention to him.

Today, again, I take him off the chain. Let him run around this morning. I'm getting ready to leave and I am over half mile from house and that idiot is still folllowing me. I turned and around and scolded him and smacked him and kicked him in the ass and he just hunkered down. I headed back home and sure enough he followed.

Right now he's back on the chain tied short. I don't know how to get it across to this dingleberry to stay on the farm.

I am open to about any suggestions short of take him with me all the time, shoot him, or beat the ever loving piss out of him. While the latter two have crossed my mind, I know I'd regret it.

Help, please. I hate leaving him tied up but that is starting to look like the only option.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)