AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

No Till Corn on Corn help.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Where Can I find?????Message format

Smallfarmer83
Posted 11/8/2020 19:28 (#8594052)
Subject: No Till Corn on Corn help.

South Central Indiana
Hello Everyone, looking for pointers or suggestions with anyone that plants COC in a no till setting. I’ve got a couple fields this spring I picked up and to keep my rotation close I need to do them (or at least one) COC. I have a Kinze 2000 6/11 I’ve ran for the last 4 years and it’s doing a great job for our operation. It has keeton seed firmers, yetter twister closing wheels, shark tooth row cleaners on corn rows only, HD down pressure springs and I’ve rebuilt all bushings the last 2 years. I also run the yield 360 2x2x2 liquid fert on the corn rows with drag chains for my starter...What kind of yield drag are people seeing and I’m only planning to do this to keep rotation correct for us. So a max of 2 years COC, this current season and then 2021 season. Then it’s going back to beans, I’m just planning to run in between the old rows and bump my nitrogen up around 30-40lbs/acre. We are running a 210 to 220 bpa avg on these farms around this area. This ground has had hog manure placed on it for the last 15 years every other year before they planted corn. TIA.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)