AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Why is buying a car so difficult??
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

F150Mustang
Posted 10/8/2020 20:33 (#8536515)
Subject: Why is buying a car so difficult??

Southern Mn
My mom asked me to go with her to look at a nice used car she was interested in buying. No trade, just pay cash and leave. We went, drove it, she decided sh was happy with it, dealer is a no haggle place. They have bought many cars from there over the years, certainly not their biggest customers but they go back 30 years and know the owners. Price on the window for the car was $21,000. Again, no haggle place so she was happy and agreed to buy it. Go through the maintenance report, vehicle history and all is well. Salesman starts the pitch for financing and we stop him and say no, we will just write a check and be done. His reply”you can’t buy it for that price for cash. Cash is another $1,000”. At this point I think he’s joking and actually laugh at him. Hes not. Shows me their website that all listed prices are if they are financed through them. I suggested he show me where it says that on the car because it doesn’t. Again points to his website as says it’s there. I explained to him that not what’s advertised on the car, nor is there any fine print saying that and we never went on the internet to look at it. Needless to say, we walked out. I really feel that it’s false advertising and quite dishonest. They really made it sound like they don’t want to sell a car outright. They had all sorts of ways we could finance it and pay it off easy but that’s not what she wanted to do. Just write a check and be done. Didn’t want a credit check and all the paperwork for a loan.
I do hope the owner calls tomorrow and makes it right but who knows. Seems way more complicated than it should.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)