AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

solar power experts.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Thud
Posted 5/3/2020 12:25 (#8232369)
Subject: solar power experts.

Near-north Ontario, French River
hypothetical situation. A fixed 4.6kw solar array supplies DC voltage to a charge controller with a max input of 5250kw, everything else down stream is irrelevant,all is good. If I'm concerned about having enough power ( usage is expected to b 20-25kwh/per day) . Is it possible to upgrade the panels , to say a 10kw array , without having to upgrade everything down stream? The 4.6kw array would be plenty if it produced 5-6hrs per day at 100% efficiency,which I know isn't realistic. Peak sun for the area is 2.5hrs. My thinking is that a larger array , if it the the output could be 'clipped" at 5k , could produce the 5kw x 6 hours reliably. if that makes sense. So my question is, is there a way to limit the power coming from the array between the array and the controller? My fear is that I have to upgrade the controller a cascade of other upgrades will be needed downstream , which of course can get $$$ in a big hurry. If i read the specs right. the panels put out voltage in the 300V DC range @ +- 15amps under peak conditions if that matters.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)