AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Planter Plumbing pics!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Colonel Potter
Posted 3/9/2009 09:18 (#637109)
Subject: Planter Plumbing pics!

South Central Kansas
Just thought I would post some pics of our plumbing job to see what everyone thinks. We are putting on liquid fertilizer and Herbicide with a 1720 16rw stacker planter. We're using hyd centrifugal pumps with raven flowmeters and control valves. We have the tru-counts on the seed drives and are going to shut off the units in 8 groups of two. We are also going to shut off the fert and herb in the same 8 groups of two. As you can tell by the mess of hoses and wiring with all those valves. I am hoping it's going to work like I think it will. The only question I have for someone is this. When the autoswath starts shutting off boom valves as I enter the headlands, will it force the same amount of liquid out the remaining valves that are opened? Or should the control valve open more at the same time and keep the target rate the same at each orifice. I forget to mention the way that I am plumbed: I go into the pump, pump outlet to a tee, the tee goes into the flow meter, on top of the tee we have the regulating valve mounted. This setup was recommended by a person at the parts store. Essentially we are regulating the return instead of the flow to the maniflods. The regulating valve then returns the excess product back to the tank for agitation. To make this work we have to switch the two wires around on the control valve so the rate controller tells it to open opposite of what it should. If anyone wants to chime in on how you would plumb this setup please feel free to share any information. As many $$ as we all invest in this stuff I want it done right. Thanks for any help.
Cris

The safest way to double your money is fold it once, then stick it in your pocket.

(planter 001.jpg)

(planter 002.jpg)

(planter 003.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments planter 001.jpg (44KB - 128 downloads)
Attachments planter 002.jpg (41KB - 128 downloads)
Attachments planter 003.jpg (50KB - 137 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)