AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Changing a will. question for a friend.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Dmpaul89
Posted 11/18/2018 18:58 (#7113655)
Subject: Changing a will. question for a friend.

Sw. Ill
I am trying to help a widow friend of mine. Last year a good friend of mine (her husband) passed away from cancer. He knew He was going to die for several months. at the onset of his terminal diagnosis, He made a will. the will stated that The wife would get 1/3 of all property and assests. (they have a house on acreage). And the remainder would be split between His two children (from another marriage). so 1/3 1/3 1/3. all to be sold in one years time.

I myself even signed as a witness to that will.

Anyway as his health declined he started to think differently. 10 Days before he passed he decided to change the will. the new will states that wife gets a sum of $25,000 and the remainder of the property sale goes to the two children.
This second will is much different than the first and I did not witness it.

I really feel like he did her wrong in this deal. She took care of him while he was sick. he had cancer 5 times over the years. In my opinion, all the chemo and other drugs impaired his thinking. he was also on the new CBD (cannabis oil). I dont think he would have made this decision under normal circumstances. He was not the same person. I guess his children convinced him to do it, we dont know for sure and the wife did not even know about it till after he passed.

I feel bad that she was treated this way, and I guess im just looking for advice I can give her. are there any grounds to contest the will? She wants to stay at the house, she was planning on buying out the two children but now that her share is so small, she cannot afford it.

Edited by Dmpaul89 11/18/2018 19:03
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)