AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I need another scope, looking for suggestions
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Chris
Posted 11/16/2018 07:36 (#7108711)
Subject: I need another scope, looking for suggestions

East central Iowa

I purchased a TC Compass that I posted about.  Now I need a scope for it.  I put on an old Weaver from 50 years ago and found it shoots very accurately but the scope doesn’t adjust properly.  I have several scopes from different manufacturers.  I have a Nikon Buckmaster 4x14, a Vortex Crossfire II 6x24, a Bushnell Rimfire 6X18, and a Primary Arms 4x14.  The Nikon seems to have the most latitude or eye window, that is I can move around more looking through the scope and still see the entire view.  The Bushnell and Primary Arms both are okay and I only use the Crossfire II at magnifications around 16 or 18, but all the scopes are fussy about eye placement.  Move off a little and you only see part of the image.

I didn’t want to spend a lot for another scope because I doubt I’ll use the TC Compass much but I’d like a scope that was decent with variable magnification up to around 18.  We like to shoot targets and our eyes need more magnification than they did 55 years or so ago.

I have 1” rings but I could buy 30mm rings.  Do any of you have any recommendations for a scope that has the Vortex/Bushnell type warranty, wide range of eye box, up to 18X magnification, and decent clarity?

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)