AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Need to rant/call them out...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Alberta Pioneer
Posted 11/6/2018 10:40 (#7088486)
Subject: Need to rant/call them out...

Warburg, AB
So, long story, but I work for an Ag retailer. New management summer of ‘17. Pre-bought fertilizer, in 2 instances I got shorted because province-wide logistics this past spring had everybody scraping the bottom to not run out of product. We almost ran out, had to wait a week for fertilizer at seeding time, which means seeding was delayed. Already taking proactive measures on that end.

Fast forward to today, 60% of my crop is still out because of the way harvest weather went (some crop out til spring has been common the last 3 years). Coworker whom also sells crop inputs, heard a rumour from our local Hutterite colony that I was let go (pretty sure I know which competitive retailer told them), but didn’t push the matter so he could kiss a$$ for some new business. Then proceeded to joke about my crop staying out, all the while not a single ustomer of our business knows this happened.

I try to approach everything with the Grace of God and be humble, but this has me beyond mad. My financial livelihood is in jeopardy (I’m fixing that and have bought 150% of my farm’s required fertilizer storage), but now my professional integrity as well as he company’s is under fire and a coworker (supposedly a Man of God) couldn’t care. Waiting to see if he tries to call today, I decided to let it go if it doesn’t carry on but I feel I’m justified calling him out if it gets brought up again. Just feels in poor taste on multiple levels. Been a very stressful year (4 bad years in a row, fall 2015 is when I got started, and I’m 29, starting from scratch). Frustrating when people aren’t supportive of what could be the future of Ag.

Edited by Alberta Pioneer 11/6/2018 10:41
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)