AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

LuAnn here....update
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Sable3308
Posted 9/4/2018 15:22 (#6969501)
Subject: LuAnn here....update

Hi Everyone! I realize it has been a while since I stopped by to say "hi" and let you all know what I have been up to.....Once again, I find us coming into harvest and I wonder how Ed is doing farming in heaven with his dad....This is the fourth harvest since he passed away....I simply cannot believe that...time marches on....

I hope all of you are doing okay....I know with the weather and commodity prices and everything going on in the political world that it has been a tough year. I sincerely hope that your yields make up for the things that we have no control over.

I wanted to let you all know that I made several life changing decisions this year....

I sold the farmland effective last February. In some ways it was a difficult decision (as I expected) and in other ways it seemed that the time and situation were just right to do this. For the first time in my adult life I don't live on a farm or own farmland. What a change that is for me. I still find myself looking at the crops whenever I am out driving in the country. You can take the girl off the farm but.....

Along with the farm sale, I retired from work after fourteen years with the non profit organization, TPALC. It was time to turn the organization over to a new set of eyes and ears and they are doing a wonderful job helping people find gainful employment.

Upon retirement, I moved to South Carolina to start a new life. Leaving Ohio was very hard for me as my children and grandchildren all still live there. But with Ed and the farm and my job gone, it was time for me to rebuild.

I love SC !!! I have been here since June and it has been hot, hot, HOT!! But I am close to the beach which is just amazing to me! Living near the ocean has been a dream of mine since childhood and I decided that I don't have too many years left to fulfill that dream so I took the leap and now I am living the dream! I am exploring local farm markets especially for Georgia peaches and peanuts! Perhaps next spring I will pot a few tomato plants for on my patio.....that will be the extent of my farming!

I still maintain contract with many of you....you know who you are....good, kind, loyal farm friends who have checked on me and helped me through the last 3 and a half years. One enormous debt of gratitude I will always owe is to the farm family north of Dayton who adopted Sable. I get a picture or a video of her now and then and a quick update to tell me that she is doing great. She will be ten this January....I know some of you remember the stories from her Puppy Years....she sure gave Ed a run for the money! Still makes me chuckle to think of them out scouting in that old Dakota.....she wouldn't let him leave the driveway without her!!

Anyway, I just wanted to drop in and say hi......I will end now with my best wishes for a safe and successful harvest.....please know that I pray for farmers and farm families and will always count myself among those who were blessed to live that life.

LuAnn
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)