AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

CAR SHOW (AND TINCAN TOURIST'S)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

BOGTROTTER
Posted 8/19/2018 08:10 (#6937329)
Subject: CAR SHOW (AND TINCAN TOURIST'S)

Kingston,Mi
I attended the Port Sanilac Mi. Car, Travel Trailer and Boat show yesterday, no car pictures as I enjoy talking rather than waiting for a chance to take a picture. Did try to take pictures at the travel trailer show with my trusty point and pray camera with less than acceptable results, so I will attach a link to a unique 5th wheel Curtis AeroCar trailer and it's custom built International tow vehicle. The couple who restored this unit have a web page with photos of the wreak before and during restoration. www.hindleysgarage.com/36aerocar.htm (when I copied and pasted the link, it came thru without the header, http) but comes up readily when you enter Hindleysgarage. There are other restore versions of the Curtis Aerocar trailer with other custom built tow vehicles. It has a unique coupler in the truck of the International truck consisting of a aircraft tire clamped to the truck and a pin coupler down thru the wheel, the tire flex's to shock absorbing and articulation side to side and forward and aft. Braking effort between truck and trailer is via vacuum system where a brake cylinder on the vacuum canister actuates a valve which pulled a vacuum on a apparatus on the trailer that then applied the brakes with cables. The tow vehicle reportedly seats 7 and the rear seat converts to a bed for the chauffer while the owners sleep in the trailer (very upper crust), it is equipped with and intercom so the tow vehicle can communicate with the occupants of the trailer when operating on the road.

Edited by BOGTROTTER 8/19/2018 08:31
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)