AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

flexi coil 95 harrow packer
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

versatile875
Posted 7/8/2018 09:43 (#6856807)
Subject: flexi coil 95 harrow packer

Western OK
my wifes uncle has one of these, and that's about the only one ive ever seen in this part of the world. he uses it to firm up his alfalfa ground before planting. we currently use a McFarlane 16 bar harrow to smooth and scatter straw around after we run our spader disk, but if your not careful you can get your ground blowing. he says the packer makes a herring bone pattern on the ground and then it wont blow. im looking for something like this that will smooth out the ground but not get it to blowing.

the only ones ive found in the states are way up north, and priced around 10k-15k. but if you look up in Canada they are cheap. now I know condition makes a huge difference in price, and not knowing the condition of any of these ive seen advertised makes it hard to compare units.

so do you guys think this would fit the bill? how would they do crossing terraces? my wifes uncle only uses his on bottom ground. also how hard is it to get something like this across the border? cost for freight ideas?
thanks
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)