AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Iowa Barn Pictures
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Gerald J.
Posted 6/9/2018 20:46 (#6803261)
Subject: Iowa Barn Pictures

I just finished reading a new book I checked out from the Ellsworth library just over a week ago. Its titled "Iowa Barns yesterday and today" by Karlene Kingery. She took pictures for about 30 years and claims there are 800 color pictures. in about 270 pages, some barns haven't survived, some of the pictures she acquired from historical collections and the barn owners. Nearly every barn picture includes a paragraph of history. Most of the barns were in good condition for the last photo but some weren't good enough condition to last a couple years after the last picture.

Googling the title turned up the author's sales page at: http://iowabarnbook.com/ $29.95 + $5 postage. I've searched my usual book sources, epay, amazon, alibris, and abe books and not found it when I searched with the full title. Searching those for "Iowa Barns" turned up several volumes at most sources and Karlene references some of them.

Kingery has published a good book of barn pictures, all in Iowa. There is an index by farm family name and another by Iowa county. Some of the barns I know I have been by on roads I have driven and on barn tours.

Gerald J.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)