AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

JD 6500 Sprayer Monitor
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

JPFSUPP
Posted 5/28/2018 20:44 (#6783374)
Subject: JD 6500 Sprayer Monitor

My battery died as well as my backup battery in the monitor. I lost all my settings, I bought it two years ago and never wrote the settings down. (lesson learned). It is a 1995-96 model with a John Deere Raven Monitor.

It is a two section sprayer with 30 ft each side; so plugged in 360 in boom 1 and 2 and 0 in 3 . I talked to the original owner and he said he had on a sheet of paper with speed cal 130 meter cal 740 and valve cal 2521.
The machine has a corner column dash. The speed on Column seems accurate but the Raven monitor was way off. So I moved speed cal from 130 to 13 and they match up pretty close.

When I went to at 20 gal/a the rate was showing 25-31 and would never settle in. So I doubled the meter cal to 1480. The target rate and shown rate seemed to match up.

Until I went to switch one side of the boom off. Now the boom shut off in not on the monitor it is on the sprayer console. When I shut the left side off the monitor did not show any flow in rate just 0000. When I would shut off the right side the monitor rate was about 1/2 to3/4 of the target rate.

What have I done wrong in programing? It is set in US and SP 1 Also it was working great prior to the dead battery!.

Appreciate any help and advice. My gut is telling me it is something simple
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)