AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Fuel problems with a MX tractor question
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Keith Mudd
Posted 5/15/2018 16:09 (#6761888)
Subject: Fuel problems with a MX tractor question

Monroe City, MO

CAPS system. Just put in a Re-newed 8.3 Cummins in a MX285. Used old pump (it has only 8-900 hours since being replaced). Some days it will run 3 or 4 hours before acting up. After a few hours use it starts to de-rate. Shut off, restart and runs good for several minutes then does it again. Very sporadic, runs for hours at a time then starts throwing fits. Seems that when it is cold it runs better. Throws code # 329 which is CAPS pump has an overpumping failure. Even though it says overpumping what it means is it is starving for fuel. Changed filters. Checked the inline filter when I had it off and didn't get any algae or junk out of it like I'd been told I could. LIft pump is strong, pumps out a stream of fuel 1/2 inch diameter 2 feet from tractor. Dealer now thinks I have an obstruction in the tank. Wants me to take off and clean. 
Question 1. Anyone ran into this before and what did you do?
Question 2. I have had tanks off these before and I don't recall any way to get it cleaned out other than wash everything out through the fill cap. Is there something I'm missing?

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)