AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Strip tillers in I states
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

swopefarms
Posted 12/9/2017 21:35 (#6418169)
Subject: Strip tillers in I states

Looking for your insight on what drove you to become a strip tiller. I like our system we have now have good yields for our area but always want to improve. We work all our soybean stubble in the spring for corn and always try to run the stalks in the fall with VT tool to get more decay on BT corn stalks. I like the fact of notill on some ground and in areas it has its place. But we don’t care to do it and haven’t had good luck with it in the past. I do put out some cover crops on rolling land but we burn it down and work it in the spring. I don’t have any issues with placing the fertilizer in the row I get and understand the concepts of strip till. I want to know what made you go to strip till and not no till? Does it take a few years to elevate yields like in not till or is it more easily implemented. We run 15 inch beans do you still strip and plant on 30 inch beans or do you forget the strips on beans and just strip the corn? What would you tell someone thinking about transitioning into strip till that you wish you would have known or been taught before making the switch. Any insight appreciated. Thanks.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)