AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

SMS vs Farmworks...again
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

BurkFarms
Posted 11/24/2017 13:46 (#6385693)
Subject: SMS vs Farmworks...again

East Central Indiana
We currently aren't running any "farm software". I do my financials with quickbooks and my dad uses quickens.

I'm looking for a way to keep all records more detailed and consise.
We currently are all case except for an apache sprayer. As far as precision equipment we run 2 FM-750 for guidance in tractors, a pro 700 in combine, Envizio pro in our sprayer, and a precision planting 20/20 with iPad for planter.
Here is what I'm looking to accomplish.
We don't currently have the ability to VR planting but would like to in the future. So I would like to have field maps with soil types and yield data to make RX's with.
Import field boundaries and AB lines into 750 so when the planter gets to the field it's find the field and go. (If that's possible, and will the tractor steer the field boundaries? Like I said this will be new to us)
I would like to VR our notrigen with a sidedress coulter rig. We would have to get a field IQ for that but I'm under the impression both softwares are capable of writing those RX's.
We don't currently have any drainage equipment but would eventually like to have a tile plow. That could be many years down the road though.
And in general keep detailed records of harvest data and soil samples. We use poultry litter so I'd like to keep more detailed records of soil fertility ratings at my finger tips.

I'm pretty tech savvy and know there will be a long learning curve to both.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)