AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

POTD
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Jim
Posted 10/9/2017 19:23 (#6297877)
Subject: POTD

Driftless SW Wisconsin

I put out some hay (in the double cradle feeder) to let cows and calves fill up before opening a small portion of the radish/turnip/winter rye cover crop strip for first grazing in the morning. Trying to avoid some major bovine tummy aches!  These are 4x4 bales I hired a neighbor to bale for me. My 5x6 bales fill the double cradle feeder better.

Walking by the fence, a couple of my daughter's Icelandic cross sheep came up looking for a treat or someone to rub their nose or both. Grandson named the one on the left Shaun after Shaun the sheep kids films...this one really fits the part at times!

I had a tree come down on a barb wire fence that goes through the woods. While fixing the fence this afternoon the colors looked particularly nice as the sun was going down. Should turn more red and orange soon. This is one area where I am starting to thin the trees to produce more of a savanna type pasture. It has lots of nice red and white oak and hickory inside the fence.

Edited by Jim 10/9/2017 19:35

(IMG070 Filling up cows with hay before opening on covers 100917.jpg)

(IMG074 Shaun and Timmy looking for a treat 100917.jpg)

(IMG061 trees starting turn in woods while checkingt fence 100917.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments IMG070 Filling up cows with hay before opening on covers 100917.jpg (98KB - 53 downloads)
Attachments IMG074 Shaun and Timmy looking for a treat 100917.jpg (210KB - 43 downloads)
Attachments IMG061 trees starting turn in woods while checkingt fence 100917.jpg (169KB - 42 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)