AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Kinze 3600 twinline, problems getting it to run level
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Chief
Posted 8/15/2017 21:46 (#6189335)
Subject: Kinze 3600 twinline, problems getting it to run level

WC Iowa- mostly river bottom
Have been trying to get my Kinze 3600 twinline units to run level front to back. Have raised hitch as high as it will go, still not level. Dealer came and shimmed the hitch, that helped but still not level. Raised center 4 wheels to top hole which lowered the tool bar, still not level. Delta Force has worn the parallel arms- bushings were still good but holes in parallel arms were bad, put on new arms and bushings and bolts. Still tips forward, especially on one side. Checked wing tire pressure, all 40 psi. Main frame all 75psi. Wing hydraulic cylinders appear to be about the same. Is Kinze's manufacturing process that bad that they can't get these things to run level? Has anyone else had this problem? The dealer knew about the hitch needing to be shimmed, and said they had done it to other planters. We have problems with loose dirt getting in the seed trench and causing shallow seeds. Have replaced all true-vees, center scrapers, gauge wheel arms and gauge wheel tires and set to specs. Still same problem. With delta force had hoped to be able to run faster-6.5 to 7 mph but can only go 5 mph or we get shallow seeds. Also had trouble with beans and emergence. Front rows with spring down force came up way better than the back rows with delta force. This is a 2011 planter. Have a 2013 planter with springs we use only for beans and it runs level and plants beans way better than the delta force planter. Never had this problem with my old 2600. I'm about to consider buying a green planter.

Edited by Chief 8/16/2017 00:46
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)