AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Trade deals
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Pat H
Posted 6/10/2017 10:55 (#6063453)
Subject: Trade deals

cropsey, il 61731
I was listening to us farm report and Mr. Phipps showed concern that we may be taking the wrong approach to future trade deals and that trade deals are very complex. I've heard about the complexity in the past and my opinion is complexity equals greasing palms and little to do with the actual deal (to make this deal you'll have to pay me and if you mention extortion I'll have your legs broken - paraphrase from animal house). So, it's not complex at all.

Just how do legislators and folks like the clintons get very rich very quick. It's not their salary. I would guess TPP was so full of pork (we can work any deal as long as you and I both get very rich) that it had to go. I imagine the paris accord was much the same way. Of course these deals are advertised as the only way forward for a reason. Other ways don't pay as well. I understand the overall give and take in a deal as whole - export/import amounts, tariffs, etc. and that doesn't change.

I think everyone is tired of the inside deals that go along with negotiations. I'm good with Trump going in and asking stupid questions like "why do we have to deposit $50M in your bank account to do this deal?". Think ice rink - $20M paid to politicians to fix it and no worky, $3M to trump and it works great and money actually got paid for work done.

A lot of people are worried about trade and though trump is an unknown (as opposed to a known politician on the take), the major sticking point will be side deals and other things politicians are used to getting. I wonder how it will play out because it will be difficult to say a deal is bad because you didn't get a bonus payday. However after Comey acted like leaking information was business as usual, maybe I'm wrong.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)