AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What size tractor frame?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

JDerrickM
Posted 2/18/2017 07:23 (#5847387)
Subject: What size tractor frame?

Hello, I am needing to purchase a new tractor. I know I need around 100HP, but I'm not quite sure on the frame size. Basically every manufacturer offers a 100HP tractor in 2 or more frame sizes. NH T4vs T5, JD 5100m vs 6100, MF 4710M vs 5710 (or 11). I'm not sure whether I need the added size or weight of the biggerr frame, or if the smaller frame would be all I need. I don't really care about brand name because I have every dealer close by and I think that more preference. Im mostly worried about frame size. I'll try to give as much info as I can in the next paragraph.

I currently run about 50 head of cattle (would like to run up to 70-80). I do all my own hay and hay planting, but no row cropping. I have a 18 ft JD disk, 9ft JD disk mower, 5x6 baler, and. 15 ft batwing. I currently have 2 Allis Chalmers 200's (100hp) and an Allis 5050 (50hp). The struggle to keep them in good shape and not leaking is becoming harder and harder (one 200 is split right now for some new seals). So basically, I have no experience with new modern day tractors. I would like something with a cab and all the luxeries that I can do chore work, bale hay, feed hay and other cattle operation tasks. Should I get a smaller framed 100hp or spend the money on the larger frame? Thank you any help.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)