AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Just can't explain this good enough I guess(giving)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Chris
Posted 12/10/2016 09:38 (#5688412)
Subject: Just can't explain this good enough I guess(giving)

East central Iowa

I had a feeling I couldn't get this across properly.

I don't need a thank you.  They do, they need to learn that a gift is not an entitlement, they do not automatically deserve the labor and wealth of another person.  When they do receive something they should appreciate it enough to say thank you.  If you grow up thinking you are owed it's unlikely you will ever be a giver and always a taker.

What I would like is recognition by the recipients that somebody gave them something and a proper response is thank you.

As to not knowing what a newspaper is, we spend over $14,000 a year on students in our system and I believe at some point they should have come in contact with a newspaper.  As a matter of fact I recall 5th grade being the place where students created a newspaper.

And our local paper doesn't charge for announcements or letters to the editor.  It has freely displayed births, first birthdays, engagements and weddings.  (possibly obituaries, I don't remember)

They all attend the same school, rich, poor attend the same classes.  Maybe it's time for the schools to include simple etiquette teachings along with all the environmental and social justice teachings.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)