AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Looking for a working dog...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

denice.r
Posted 11/9/2016 18:12 (#5628146)
Subject: Looking for a working dog...

south east Indiana
Had a call this afternoon ... looking for a working dog the gal said. I have learned to simply let them talk for a bit. Then I decide just how serious they are and if I should talk to them or quickly end the conversation as politely as possible.

This women asked if i trained dog, sold pups and the breeds I had. Ok so far... Then it came " I have a horse - oh crap- that does not load well in a trailer - yikes - that I want a dog to bite its heels and load it - holy----.
Seriously - Worse than I imagined.
How to you nicely tell people they have some serious screws loose, have no business owning or riding a horse if they think sick'en a dog on them to load is the way to go.
She goes on to say the horse is quiet once loaded, needs to have two people and a butt rode to get it done - but comes out unglued, sweating and nervous.
Oh ok no problem lets teach him to really hate a trailer because we are going to Make him load with a dog biting him. She goes to say she has had her aussie try to bite heels but she does not get the job done... Honey that is because your dog is way smarter then you :)

I said it sounds like you need a good horse trainer. I informed her making him load, scaring him before he loads will only make him worse. He will end up hurting himself and her unless she takes her time and teaches him to relax, think and load quietly.

Then she said she was going to wait to find a trainer till next spring - really - i told her now is the time to take him and have him load every day for a month and learn it is no big deal Before next spring when she wants to ride.

I know what you all say about horse people but this goes Way Beyond horse people -
COMMON SENSE would be good
Not sure if I should laugh or be worried about people
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)