AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

In line fuel filter possible problem
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

sparrell
Posted 9/27/2008 20:49 (#470465)
Subject: In line fuel filter possible problem

I changed the inline fuel filter on my Int. with a 345 V8 yesterday and am wondering if I messed it up. The old filter was metal and therefore I could not see through it to see if the canister was actually full of gas. The new one is made of clear plastic which is easily transparent to the point that one can see the amount of fuel in the filter. Put it on and started the truck. After cranking for a few seconds, it started right up and sounded good. Got out and looked at the filter. It was only half full of gas. Ran it for several minutes and the level never changed. Hmmm, I said. I took the line off opposite the pump side and had my dad turn the truck over to see if I could get it to pump itself full. That definetly did NOT work. Fuel came shooting out the top of filter as fast as it was going in. I hooked the line back up and took the truck for a short joy ride with the filter only half full. Seemed to run as good as ever will plently of power. Are inline filters required/designed to be full when running? Obviously there is air in there, but how do I get it out or is it not neccesary? Truck has a mech. fuel pump it that matters.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)