AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Taking advantage of people-Maternity leave
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Rob D
Posted 10/18/2016 07:41 (#5587652)
Subject: Taking advantage of people-Maternity leave

s.c. north dakota
My wife is the Social Services director in our county, 4 people in the office so not a big reserve to draw from. My wife, social worker, Eligibilty worker and the secretary. The Eligibilty worker has ben there about a year, she had a baby in August and has been on maternity leave since then. My wife has been pulling double duty, going in a few hours early and working weekends just to stay caught up. Yesterday the woman stops by and informs the wife she wont be coming back, taking a different job in a similar field. Sure would have been nice to know this a couple months ago, Wife is really stressing out, I offered to take her out for supper last night and she was so whipped she didn't want to see anyone. Why do people, especially young people, see no problem with taking advantage of people? Now she has to interview, train another person, and still do double duty. The commissioners who set her budget are no help, they think they are heroes to so voters if they cut the SS budget and stop "All those food stamp handouts". I wish those guys only knew what she deals with every day. It is really affecting her health, high blood pressure, diabetes, not to mention the stress. I just wish I knew how to help. She will be 59 soon and knowing her and her work ethic she wont quit until there is some one in the office she feels confident in to take over. I'm afraid I am going to get a call some day that she is in the hospital.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)